TRAIN COMMUNITIES TO SUCCESSFULLY USE
OUR PROGRAMS TO BEST MEET THEIR NEEDS
- We're community-based. That means that every ASAP-HOSO program is structured a little differently to meet the needs of the community. An ASAP-HOSO class may meet before school and be supported by student fees, or it may meet afterschool and be funded by local grants - you decide.
- As an educational organization, we are committed to providing children with quality, research-based programming. To help ensure that programs meet our standards, we require those organizing ASAP-HOSO programs to be trained as a "HOSO Coordinator." This one-time training provides Coordinators with the tools to implement HOSO
OFFER COMPLETE PROGRAM MATERIALS
FOR USE WITH THE CHILDREN.
- Our team of science educators has developed a research-based curriculum for use in out-of-school time. We offer an array of programs for use each fall, winter, spring and summer for children from Pre-K through sixth grade. Each ASAP-HOSO Program includes a leader activity guide and complete kit of class materials. Each kit includes hundreds of items screened for safety and learning and play value
PROVIDE ONGOING SUPPORT
- After the initial ASAP-HOSO Coordinator training, we work with you to ensure a successful program. In addition to program updates, training supplements and new material, we provide one-on-one support to help you build and grow your program.
HOW WE DO IT
ASAP-HOSO Programs have been designed to meet your needs for quality, research-based (yet fun) science enrichment. Each program features:
- Small class size
- Inquiry-based format
- Research-supported content
- Playful approach
- Hands on activities such as:
- model building, songs, games, focused observation and experiments
- Activity guides:
- a step-by-step yet adaptable guide for the adult instructor to guide children in the activities they will explore during each class
- Materials kits:
- materials for each child to fully participate in every activity
- Age appropriate content consistent with the National Science Education Standards
- Training for the those leading classes
- Take home materials for every child enrolled